Online Training Programs
Click here to visit CMI Online
The Children’s Ministry Leadership Specialization Certificate
(6 Course Online Specialization)
CMI is in the process of developing six courses related to direct ministry to children and the development of leadership skills that will lead to a one of a kind specialization in children's ministry leadership. Four are available online now. Several courses are also available on campus now and can be transferred in for credit toward this certificate.
CM202 Teaching Children Effectively Level 1
CM204 Understanding Today's Child
CM205 Progressive Methods of Child Evangelism
CM203 Teaching Children Effectively Level 2
LD400 Building a Children's Ministry
LD403 Leadership Essentials
The Master Teacher Certificate
This entire certificate program is offered on campus. Three courses are now available online. This certificate is awarded to the student upon the successful completion of four courses related to direct ministry to children.
Many seminars are available that provide children's ministry leaders, volunteers and parents with effective training that will help them evangelize and disciple children. As well, pastors and children's ministry leaders can use these seminars for training groups. Biblical principles and practical ideas are clearly communicated in each seminar. They can be taken at a self study pace. No credit can be earned towards another program of study. Many are available free of charge!
View the seminar choices and enroll now!
Bible lesson, missionary story, memory verse, and song demonstrations are available FREE online. As you watch these demonstrations to help you prepare to teach, you will see the elements that should be included as well as interactive ideas to help keep the children engaged as you teach. They can be viewed at any time. No credit can be earned towards another program of study.
View the choices and enroll now!
Students are able to combine both on campus and online courses to complete their degree program.
Please note that Child Evangelism Fellowship® (CEF®)staff members are required to take the Children's Ministries Institute 12 week diploma program. Staff members may choose to take part of that 12 week training online, but certain courses must be taken on campus.
Courses that may be taken online OR on campus
- Teaching Children Effectively™ Level 1
- Understanding Today’s Child
- Progressive Methods of Child Evangelism
- Teaching Children Effectively Level 2
- Leadership Essentials (Previously Dynamics of Christian Leadership)
Courses that must be taken on campus
- Dynamics of Teacher Training
- Instructor of Teachers Level 1 (also available at designated locations around the country)
- Instructor of Teachers Level 2 (also available at designated locations around the country)
- Distinctives of Child Evangelism Fellowship
- Ministry Strategy and Development (A similar module is available online, but CEF staff must take the on campus course as it is focused more specifically on CEF ministries.)
Is God leading you to be a part of multiplying ministry around the world by giving to this online training venture?